University of Minnesota
University of Minnesota: Department of Mechanical Engineering

Research Assistantships

Research assistantships (RAs) are appointments from faculty members who hold research contracts and grants. Once a student is admitted, a graduate research assistant appointment is possible through direct discussions with individual faculty. Please see individual faculty pages for more information on research topics. The faculty member providing support will serve as your academic adviser. Appointments vary, depending on the availability of funds and the academic progress of the student. Research appointments are made at any time in the calendar year depending on funding and other factors.