Where to Buy Things For Your Robot
Note: Call stores first to check for location, hours and what they
might or might not have.
- ABC Electronics
- Surplus and some new electronics. 315 7th Ave N Minneapolis.
- Radio Shack
- Many useful electronic components. Get one of their catalogs.
Many locations, hours vary.
- Axman Surplus
- Lots of used motors, solenoids, electronic parts, mechanisms and everything
else you might imagine. A must visit (take a bus if you don't have a car)
for every robot builder.
Three locations: 1639 University Av, St. Paul 646-8653; Fridley; St. Louis
Park. Check web site for directions and hours.
- AEI Electronic Parts
- Good stock of electronic parts. Carries many of the items shown in
the Jameco catalog.
6020 Olson Memorial Highway, Golden Valley, MN, 338-7149. 7-5:30 M-F, 9-1 Sat.
- Hub Hobby Center
- Parts for model railroading and RC cars. Many items useful for robot builders
6416 Penn Av S, Richfield, 866-9575
82 Minnesota Av, Little Canada, 651-490-1675
- Target, Walmart, K-Mart
- Great places for just about anything
- Home Depot, Menards
- Many hardware items
- Re-use Center
- Lots of possible robot parts. 2216 E Lake St, Mpls.
- More possibilities for robot parts. Many stores, see web for
locations. 1202 E Moore Lake Dr, Fridley MN, 571-9283
Also look at the resource
list form the Twin Cities Robotics Group.
Page maintained by email@example.com